Japanese Good Luck Flag + More

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese Good Luck Flag + More

Here we have a WW2 Japanese "good luck flag" for review. Also for review is a visor and signed hat for review. The seller is asking for $600 for all three items. Thank you everyone for your help! I'm new to collecting Japanese items and really appreciate everyone's wisdom!
    Attached Files

Hello,

I think hats are very good and genuine. Especially IJA wool EM/NCO field cap is wonderful. But there are doubts about the flag.
    Although the kanji are written, they are all lined up and do not make sense in Japanese. And I don't think it was written by a Japanese person.
    It's just my impression.

yoshiyuki

Comment

Originally posted by rabbit indy View Post
      ...but there are doubts about the flag. Although the kanji are written, they are all lined up and do not make sense in japanese. And i don't think it was written by a japanese person. It's just my impression.
      agree

Comment

Thank you guys! Do you think both hats are worth picking up for $300 US or are they hats pretty common?

Comment

Originally posted by Mp40Bran View Post
          Thank you guys! Do you think both hats are worth picking up for $300 US or are they hats pretty common?
          Sorry, I'm not a collector; I'm sure someone who knows will respond.

-- Guy

Comment

The field cap is the only valuable item. Mint example are fetching $500+ even in Japan. This one is good but not mint. I would have concerns about how stiff the chinstrap is. Visor caps aren't rare, I wouldn't like such dammaged example in my collection, I'd say it is worthless. Considering they are common I would wait for a mint one.

If he asked $300 for both caps I would try to offer $200-250 for the field cap only.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X