Japaneese belt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japaneese belt

Hey. Tell the belt Is original or not? Where used. And Is until 1945?thank.

I'm not certain, but it reminds me of the Korean symbol -- they use a fie-petal plum blossom. See the medal from Rich Catalano's site:
    Attached Files

Comment

It looks believable to me (though sand cast and not precisely formed). This appears to be an original belt and buckle (plum blossom motif) for a Manchukuo sword or dirk. (see Fuller fig. 44 p. 175)

Comment

Originally posted by zachb View Post
        It looks believable to me (though sand cast and not precisely formed). This appears to be an original belt and buckle (plum blossom motif) for a Manchukuo sword or dirk. (see Fuller fig. 44 p. 175)
        You hit it! After reading your post I found this sword on the Nihon-to Message Board.
        Attached Files

Comment

I found another buckle with the plum blossom filed off (but still on the wreath surrounding the buckle). It was described as a "Chinese Nationalist Koumingtang" buckle. Also a photo of Chiang Kai-shek with a general officer-grade belt.

-- Guy
          Attached Files

Comment

The Chinese national army dress uniform belts had blue and white enameling. The Chinese at that time used the plum flower as the unofficial national symbol. The ROC made it official sometime in the 1960s I think..

Comment

спасибо всем за ответ

Comment

Originally posted by Augusto88 View Post
                спасибо всем за ответ
                thanks everyone for the answer

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X