Type 95 NCO Sword

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Type 95 NCO Sword

Here we have a type 95 Japanese NCO sword for review. The blade and scabbard have matching serial numbers. The blade looks in excellent shape but I’m worried it might have been sharpened? Please let me know what you guys think. Thank you everyone for your help!
    Last edited by Mp40Bran; 06-30-2020, 03:31 PM.

Hi
    Could you post photographs of the blade (from tang to tip) both sides please
    Regards
    Frank

Comment

Oh no ... it's a machine made blade because it's an NCO sword, no need to look at the tang (no signatures) - it's not gonna be helpful and it's best to not have the screws messed with. It's a good Seki. (thumbs up)

Comment

It's a nice Type 95, and a steal at $600. The market has fallen so much since the COVID thing.

The blade stamp is the "To" of the Tokyo Arsenal, so I doubt it's Seki-made. Ohmura has an example with the steel fuchi, that is a Kokura gunto (though Kokura stamped blades were both Nagoya and Tokyo made). All Seki blades that I know of were Nagoya Arsenal gunto and wouldn't have a "To" on the blade.

Comment

Bruce - you are RIGHT (of course) ... the saya drag matches Tokyo first arsenal as well as the pommel wrap pattern. So I stand corrected - it's a Tokyo first ... but hard to say corporate stamp, correct? It's tough on some of the iron fuchi's.

Comment

A small update from Shamsy - The two-tone saya (tan throat, green saya) likely means the saya was damaged at some point and replaced re-using the numbered throat. Whether that was done during or after the war is not knowable.

Comment

Thank you everyone for your help!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X