Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collection Photo From RodneyO

Aloha,

Shown below is a photo of some of the Japanese items in the RodneyO collection.

I will let RodneyO fill you in on the items in the photo.

Eric
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Eric Doody; 05-26-2005, 08:39 PM.

I took the liberty of cleaning up the pic a bit since it was kind of dark (on my computer anyway). I hope no one minds. Great display and collection btw.
    Attached Files

Comment

Joel,

That's much better...thanks!

Eric

Originally posted by J.Warren
      I took the liberty of cleaning up the pic a bit since it was kind of dark (on my computer anyway). I hope no one minds. Great display and collection btw.

Comment

Aloha and Mahalo to Eric for posting my picture.

Most of the stuff here are your typical Japanese head and field gear. The only thing I should mention is that the canteen on the far left, the round one, thanks to Eric, told me it was an Army Cavalry canteen and is rare. The only problem with the canteen is that the shoulder strap is broken but still has all of its leather strap. The officer’s canteen has a piece of cloth wrapped around the leather shoulder strap which I thought was unusual. Does anyone have any pictures of cavalry canteens being used in the war? I assume it was mostly used in China during the early part of the war, 1930's.
        All if the helmets have their liners and two of them has one side of the chin strap cut. Only one of the helmet has the complete chin straps. I think it was cut to remove the chin strap from the dead Japanese soldiers. The movie “None But the Brave” starring Frank Sinatra, shows the way the chin straps were tied and how hard it would be to remove it during the fighting.
        Thanks also to JWarren for cleaning up the photo.
        Mahalo
        Rodney

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X