Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question regarding Japanese Orders

Hello All,

A question regarding the proper regulation and wear of Japanese Orders. I’m familiar with Imperial German wear of the orders, but not that of Imperial Japan.

With the German regulations…. An award of a higher class of order would require that the officer no longer wore the lower grade. I.e. If an officer was awarded the 3rd class of the Crown Order (worn on the medal bar), was later awarded the 2nd class of the Crown Order (commanders class… worn at the neck), the officer would remove the 3rd class from his medal bar and only wear the commanders class about his neck.

Did the same regulation hold true with Imperial Japan ? or… could the officer wear multiple grades of the same award at the same time ?

Assistance is appreciated

Cheers
    Mark

Mark,

I am going to out on a limb on this one (with the thought that some members with more experience than myself will chip in with some replies) and say that the wearing of Japanese orders would follow the same basic "rules" as the German orders that you mentioned in that only the highest order of a particular order would be worn and that the order worn would depend upon one's rank.

Eric

Comment

I agree with the thought that the higher your rank then the higher the class of award issued.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Doody
        Mark,

I am going to out on a limb on this one (with the thought that some members with more experience than myself will chip in with some replies) and say that the wearing of Japanese orders would follow the same basic "rules" as the German orders that you mentioned in that only the highest order of a particular order would be worn and that the order worn would depend upon one's rank.

Eric
        Hey Guys,

Well... to take this one step further........If.. as a lower grade officer (Captain or Major) he was awarded the Kite 5th class.......... As he moved up the ranks.... to General.. would he automatically be awarded the higher grades.. or would he need to perform another action to qualify for the higher grade ?

Cheers
        Mark

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X