Japanese dug helmet (Guam)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese dug helmet (Guam)

I'm sure this won't interest most, but I love these relic condition, dug helmets. I'll take salty over mint any time. This particular helmet was dug up in the 1970's from a construction site in Guam. You might of seen a few of these listed on ebay recently. I purchased this one privately, not on ebay. It has 2/3's of the star remaining. The liner is totally gone.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Der Texaner; 05-13-2005, 09:58 PM.

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Very nice! I too perfer salty over mint. I love the been there, got shot and killed look

Best Regards
        Mike

Comment

Thanks Mike. They do make for a better display in my opinion. I like to get dug items from major battles. They come on the market just so often enough to not make me spend all my money.

Comment

Im not so keen on these battlefield finds. Alot of these items on places like ebay have been found by blokes with metal detectors digging around, and where you items, you often get remains aswell, im sorry, alot of these items could be considered grave robbing.

Sorry just personal opinion guys

Comment

I personally collect both mint & issued/used helmets & covers. Both are hard to find.

Comment

Tanaka, no need to apologize for how you feel. I understand. I like to think of it as a piece of history that would otherwise rot away into nothingness if it hadn't been found. As I said, this piece was found on a construction site. I guess one could argue if there should be a construction site or not, but that is a whole other area I don't care to get into. I'm sure this is a great debate on USA Civil War items, and with the plethora of Stalingrad dug items flooding the market. Either way, the helmet won't be used as an ashtray by me. It will be well taken care of.

Comment

thanks for clearing that up mate, i suppose if its already been dug up buy something like a construction site its probaly better you have it, otherwise it would probaly of been slung on the heap and destroyed.

What i don't like is the ones who activly go out searching for graves and then removing items like dog tags from the remains and throwing whats left either back into the hole or just leaving the remains scattered. These people have no interest in history, there just interested in making a fast buck. Which is why i very much doubt anyone on here would do such a thing.

Aslong as you know where it came from, like your helmet and it just happened to be dug up thats ok.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X