Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Signed Japanese Flag Opinions

Hello guys,

Was looking for some thoughts on the authenticity of this flag. I’ve been reading a lot about fake examples, and don’t want to get taken advantage of. Also, if it seems legit, I would greatly appreciate some translations! Thank you in advance!
    Attached Files

It doesn't immediately jump out as one of the well known fakers works. I think, it looks like a good flag. Guy can confirm based on the Kanji strokes. I see a mix of names and slogans. Some are very common slogans. Have a look at the this thread:http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=493366
    Its like a game to see if you can recognize any of the slogans. The easiest way when you are new at it is to count the characters, and then try and match it to the known slogans in the chart. I see a major one with 5 characters, can you find it? Its the second large slogan moving from right to left. Its read from top to bottom. Its like playing wheres Waldo.

PG-
    Last edited by Paul G; 04-01-2020, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Signed Japanese Flag

I also see, "Samuhara" for "protection against the bullets in battle". That mantra is found at the bottom, just to the left of 6:00 (the second one over.)

MikeB

Comment

Kanji is fine, proper strokes, etc. But ... does it look like a lot done by the same hand?

I'll get around later to translating some of it.

Is it yours? If not, I don't want to spend a lot of time on it.

For the time being:
        武田留次君
        Takeda Ryuji-kun
        Mr Takeda Ryuji

武運長久
        Buun Chōkyū
        Continued luck in the fortunes of war

百万一心
        One million [people] of one mind

Near the 10:00 o'clock position:
        一千人力
        Strength of 1000 people!

-- Guy
        Last edited by GHP; 04-04-2020, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X