Real battle flag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real battle flag

Guys , I really am in your shadows when it comes to knowledge .I hope to learn from all of you.As I have said before I have been so lucky to know people who have checked my items out for me before I have bought them.I really owe a lot of my collection to John Egger .

Anyway a very good friend of mine Sandy found this flag in a junk shop in Glasgow and called me straight away .Hes got a good eye and when he described it I had to have it

The flag has three bullet holes in it and I would say 100% blood on it by the fact someone has actually tested it and left a pink stain on it .

I wish I knew more about this flag but I don't but I am sure its been there

Graeme
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dog soldier; 03-27-2020, 01:13 PM. Reason: picture

Hinomaru Yosegaki

Hi Graeme-
    Thank you for posting images of your Japanese hinomaru yosegaki or good luck flag. I'm sure that your description of this as a battle flag, had to do with the fact that this example shows the stains of battle on it. The actual Japanese battle flag, with sun rays, is known as Jyurokujo-Kyokujitsu-ki. Regards,

MikeB

Comment

Nice Flag!

武運長久
      Buun Chōkyū
      Continued Luck in the Fortunes of War

贈国方道明君
      Zō Kunikata Michiaki−kun
      Presented to Mr. Kunikata Michiaki

-- Guy

Comment

Mike your right.I should have posted it as a good luck battle flag .It would have been a more accurate title I am maybe disappointing people looking at it.i tried to redo the title but could work out how.

This is a sad flag I would say as somebody probably lost their life .It shows the reality of war.I do talks to the primary school children here about the war.I let them try on uniforms and helmets and make it like a quiz .

I always show them this flag because the loss of life and war isn't to be taken lightly .
        Ghp now I can actually put a name to this flag and tell the kids he probably lost his life .

Comment

I try to preserve this flag and treat it with respect .Although my grand brother was captured by the Japanese and died as a result ,everyone thought they were fighting for the right reason and we should forgive and forget

Comment

That's a nice flag. I usually refer to these flags as a "Battle captured" flag ,good luck flag, or Yosegaki Honomaru. I concur that the stains are blood. Are you certain the pink stain is modern?

PG-

Comment

Hi Paul .I don’t know if the pink stai. Are but I couldn’t think of anything else and I know with my work a blood test kit gives a similar result

Graeme

Comment

Real Battle Flag

Hey Graeme-
                No worries my friend. Your flag appears to be an excellent example and your history work with the kids is to be commended. John used to do similar events and the kids (he even did some lectures at the local college for the big "kids"), enjoyed seeing different kinds of militaria (flags, helmets, uniforms, etc.), that he brought in for studying. Stay healthy over there.........

MikeB

Comment

Here's me using this flag to do a talk , I can't remember if I have uploaded the picture I have the flag upside down or not
                  Attached Files

Comment

Heap upside down one oh well.I take a British Uniform a Japanese a German and an American ( the us one is a replica) .I explain the difference in helmets I've the Germans over engineered helmet that wasted time and metal , the Japanese one being thinner due to lack of resources all that kind of stuff .They guess the uniforms etc then get to try it all on as I panic due to all its originality

Graeme

Comment

Graeme,

I think it's great that you can show these to school children ...you might have awakened the "history bug" in one, who perhaps later will become an historian or archaeologist.

Good job!
                      -- Guy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X