No announcement yet.

Another WW2 Japanese Qualification Watch Fob for Translation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't have any fobs in my collection. That said, Nick's post was extremely inconclusive as well as misleading. Far from the final word! There were numerous military fobs not intended for kids! All sorts of course awards, graduation from military training etc. Once again, I have no dog in this fight & have seen many military fobs over the years

Comment

Originally posted by Nick
      This practice was simply extended to military schools and those kids proudly dangled their graduation tokens from their belts.

<....>

Such medals were not official military items, but simply commercial souvenirs ordered by schools to give kids a smile, by accompanying the usual graduation group photos and certificates.
      By "kids," I understood Nick to be talking about the young men who were also in military schools, e.g., Rikugun Toyama Gakkō, Army Flight Mechanics School, etc. Also, I inferred by "military schools" he's also talking about army and navy schools, not Yonengakkō.

I have three fobs from the Rikugun Toyama Gakko (two for graduation commemorations, and a compass for the military teaching staff), and I've seen plenty from other military schools. As a matter of fact, one of the adverts Nick provided (showen below) illustrated some military-related "fobs."
      Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X