Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japenese Paratrooper bayonet

Greetings,
    I have this Japanese Para bayonet that i intend to sell or trade and would like
    To know thoughts from more experienced collectors of this subject.
    Ive only seen a couple of these here and there,but they do seem to be worth a bit?

Its all there,nice tight handle and frog is complete minus the very end of small strap that finally gave away. There is no pitting on blade just lack
    Of blu finish.

Thank you for your time.
    Keep safe out there.

Charlie Mike.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by IrishRebel View Post
    Greetings,
    I have this Japanese Para bayonet that i intend to sell or trade and would like
    To know thoughts from more experienced collectors of this subject.
    Ive only seen a couple of these here and there,but they do seem to be worth a bit?

Its all there,nice tight handle and frog is complete minus the very end of small strap that finally gave away. There is no pitting on blade just lack
    Of blu finish.

Thank you for your time.
    Keep safe out there.

Charlie Mike.

Last pic*
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

The value in these bayonets is all in the condition (as is everything collectable).
      Yes, you have a Test Type 1 bayonet, but it has serious condition issues in the sharpened blade, damaged frog etc. All you can do if wishing to sell is put it out there with a starting price you can live with and let the market decide the final price.

Comment

I agree with James. Top quality, exc.- mint condition examples sell well on eBay. Do a search of sold & completed auctions

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I have to disagree with the serious blade condition comment though. Yes the finish is gone but the blade itself is good. Ive seen several that seemed to come with a sharpened edge.

Thanks again.

Comment

They all come with sharpened edge but yours is sloppy, post war non Japanese done & that seriously hurts its value

Comment

As Jareth mentions, the difference is original, as it left the Arsenal sharpening. Your blade "appears" to been sharpened by someone with a "wondering eye and not very steady hand".

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X