Japanese what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese what?

Got this inside a footlocker with Japanese uniform and web gears any idea what are they?

Giorgio
    Attached Files

Maybe something to adorn a horse's saddle?.....Bodes

Comment

Yep, looks like a pommel bag or holster; however, it doesn't appear to be complete.

Comment

Japanese Navy band horse equipment

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
          Yep, looks like a pommel bag or holster; however, it doesn't appear to be complete.
          Agreed. At first I thought pommel holster; however, I think the huge horse pistols were out of date by the 1900s.

I think it's the cover of a pommel bag as seen from the poster detail below.

-- Guy
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Dean Brock View Post
            Japanese Navy band horse equipment

Intersting, never thought of that. I've googled around but can't find anything except that the Imperial Guards Division had a band.

And since 1945, the "Imperial Guards Division" became part of the National Police Agency (NPA):
            The NPA Imperial Guards wear a dark blue or a blue-grey police uniform with white gloves while on duty. They also wear white pistol belts, lanyards, helmets, boot laces or leggings. The Guards Band and Mounted Band, respectively, are the official marching bands of the Imperial Household.

If you have a link or images, I'd be interested in seeing them.

-- Guy

Comment

thank you all for the information, looks like this are some kind of saddlebags covers with the imperial symbol
              Attached Files
              Last edited by ITALIANWARFRONT; 03-23-2020, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ITALIANWARFRONT View Post
                thank you all for the information, looks like this are some kind of saddlebags covers with the imperial symbol

Correct. The actual leather pouches are still used - the covers are used for military dress.

Yours in particular are for use by an Imperial Guard warrant officer. There are two other styles - one for Officers and another for enlisted ranks below NCOs.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by beretta1934 View Post
                  Correct. The actual leather pouches are still used - the covers are used for military dress.

Yours in particular are for use by an Imperial Guard warrant officer. There are two other styles - one for Officers and another for enlisted ranks below NCOs.

Comment

What a nice thing

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X