Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Signed flag thoughts

Hi all,

What are your thoughts on this off to war flag/banner. Seems a bit different than the usual meat ball flag. Nice display piece I’m thinking if you think it’s real. Haven’t got it yet.
    Attached Files

It's an "Off To War" banner to cheer on those who were drafted (or volunteered).

Congratulations
    應召 Call-up
    茱原輝男君 Mr Gumihara Teruo (莱原 Raihara??)
    [Sponsor's name that I cannot read]

I'm very unsure of that surname because I cannot break it down into parts and get a proper reading. The closest I can find are the two I listed -- which does not mean they are correct! Also, I cannot get a google-hit on the 莱原 name!

-- Guy

Comment

Originally posted by GHP View Post
      It's an "Off To War" banner to cheer on those who were drafted (or volunteered).

Congratulations
      應召 Call-up
      茱原輝男君 Mr Gumihara Teruo (莱原 Raihara??)
      [Sponsor's name that I cannot read]

I'm very unsure of that surname because I cannot break it down into parts and get a proper reading. The closest I can find are the two I listed -- which does not mean they are correct! Also, I cannot get a google-hit on the 莱原 name!

-- Guy
      Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by dasboot2011 View Post
        Thank you

Comment

Nice one. You may be able to steam those wrinkles out.

Comment

Go for it .They are nice display pieces ,I have one in my hall

Comment

Off-to-war Banner

Nice off-to-war nobori and quite typical examples. As far as I know, there is only one example of this being copied/reproduced. By that I mean the artwork is the same, over and over. These have always been very attractive in my mind but they have just never caught on with collectors in the same manner as the good luck flag. The probable reason is because they were given to the service man who was leaving for training or overseas duty. As it was not a battle type of piece, it never had the same demand as the good luck flag which was either found right after a battle or acquired more recently, directly from Japan.

MikeB

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X