Japanese Officer / Pilot Suitcase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese Officer / Pilot Suitcase

Picked this up last weekend. The previous owner said it had flight gear in it before he obtained it. He was also very excited about the Japanese Occupation 100 Philippine Peso note he found tucked away inside (he didn't seem to believe me when I told him it was next to worthless).

There was also this, what I assume to be a map case, in the attached documents bag.

Anyone ever seen something like this? Can anyone translate the writing on front?
    Attached Files

Sorry, but that writing is pseudo-oriental. Just lines and dots that do not replicate kanji at all.

Comment

Originally posted by GHP View Post
      Sorry, but that writing is pseudo-oriental. Just lines and dots that do not replicate kanji at all.

In other words a fake. BTW it just doesn't have much of a Japanese look or feel to it imo - at best its civilian, at worst not even Japanese at all

Comment

Or just a generic civilian suitcase

Comment

Huh. well that's a minor bummer. Fortunately it only cost me $40. You pays yer money an' you takes yer chances.

Can anyone make out this stamp? It's the only factory marking on it that I can find.
          Attached Files

Comment

You took your chances because its still really cool .Put that on ebay and you will treble your money I bet

Comment

Originally posted by dog soldier View Post
              You took your chances because its still really cool .Put that on ebay and you will treble your money I bet
              LOL, yeah, just as a vintage suit case it has something going for it. I was actually thinking of putting it to use if I can establish it has no military connection.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X