Japanese Admiral Shoulder Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese Admiral Shoulder Board

Could someone tell me which rank of Admiral and what time period was this Japanese Admiral Shoulder Boards orginated from? Value?
    It is closer to a pound in weight.

Thank You

Dunno the rank. It's got the cherry blossom and red paulownia leaves of Lt. Commander and above, but it's missing the fringe.

Named to
    永山
    Nagayama

-- Guy
    Attached Files

Comment

I believe if it doesn't have the stringy things, it is a junior officer, like ensign. Admiral rank would have a wavy bullion insignia added.

Not a lot of value if it is a single piece. Usually they come in a box with both boards and the bicorne hat as a set.

Comment

Originally posted by hc8mm View Post
        I believe if it doesn't have the stringy things, it is a junior officer, like ensign. Admiral rank would have a wavy bullion insignia added.

Not a lot of value if it is a single piece. Usually they come in a box with both boards and the bicorne hat as a set.
        +1 Who told you it was an Admiral One is about worthless

Comment

I agree. Single boards have little value especially dress

Comment

Originally posted by beretta1934 View Post
            +1 Who told you it was an Admiral One is about worthless
            It was written on the tag in a antique mall in a display with German WW2 and US items. Some interesting things in there. I tried the best of my ability to search on google before I brought it so I got screwed. It happens.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
              It was written on the tag in a antique mall in a display with German WW2 and US items. Some interesting things in there. I tried the best of my ability to search on google before I brought it so I got screwed. It happens.

Yes, we all have a story when that kind of thing happened to us. But one thing I would always say is "never buy any insignia that isn't a well matching pair". In my haste I have bought things like two left collar tabs, etc only to get home and realize I blew it. Japanese insignia has some patchy reference coverage and can sometimes be tricky to know if what you have is police, fire, military or even post war JSDF!

If possible post pictures here before dropping anything over $25 or so - when possible of course

Comment

Originally posted by hc8mm View Post

Here's a cool picture of a crusty IJN officer in a rear admirals dress uniform.
                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X