Japanese field cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese field cap

I got this field cap with captured Japanese sword and was wondering what variation is was.

It has No writing I can see inside, but it’s very worn. It also has a box around the back of it, and the leather strap is sewn on.
    I couldn’t find another reference for this style of hat with 3 vent holes.

Can anyone help me with regards to the model of this hat. My guess would be late war as it was picked up in Burma

Thanks
    Attached Files

More
    Attached Files

Comment

More photos
      Attached Files

Comment

Inside stitching
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Leo2018 View Post
          Inside stitching
          Jmo but that looks like real blood stains on your hat I like it.

Dennis J

Comment

Cap shows age. It's far from "textbook". Should have interior ink stamps. Star insignia should of been attached prior to lining installing (not sewn through) & chinstrap being sewn on directly was done but not in a way I've seen before. Rust or blood matters far less than the overall construction of cap

Comment

Originally posted by Jareth View Post
              Cap shows age. It's far from "textbook". Should have interior ink stamps. Star insignia should of been attached prior to lining installing (not sewn through) & chinstrap being sewn on directly was done but not in a way I've seen before. Rust or blood matters far less than the overall construction of cap

Thanks Jareth
              This came with a grouping from Burma, I’m guessing it was captured very late in the war. Construction and stitching on the cap is still very good quality and the age is definitely there. The felt star is also correct,
              Could this be very late on in the war and they where almost a last ditch cap. Items being produced with what they had quickly ?

Also yes that’s blood on the side which has seeped through,
              The cap stinks of moth balls and hasn’t seen daylight. What’s interesting is that I have a pic with the british solider wearing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis J View Post
                Jmo but that looks like real blood stains on your hat I like it.

Dennis J

Hi Dennis
                100% blood on this

Comment

Originally posted by Leo2018 View Post
                  What’s interesting is that I have a pic with the british soldier wearing it.
                  Please post that picture

Comment

Interesting cap. I like it.

Comment

the blood sure tells a story

Comment

Originally posted by coloradocowboy View Post
                        the blood sure tells a story
                        Sure does - I can’t see any other reason for it to be there, Other than it was taken along with his sword that day.

Comment

Here is the pic of the sword and the hat being worn in Burma after being taken from the soldier.

As you can see the lip of the cap has a certain wave to it that matches the picture exactly. The sword is laying on his lap.

It is a Para regiment from Coventry.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X