What is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is this?

This medal has been plaguing me for months now, and I can't figure out what it is. Well, it's got a swastika on it, and it's a cross, so I figured this would be the best forum to post it in.
    Attached Files

Here's the back.
    Attached Files

Comment

Ive never seen such a thing
      Maybe its for a country outsied the reich, a country that was ocuppied by the nazis

Or maybe its post-war..
      I dont know really,....

Comment

Well, maybe someone will know someday - I've never seen one either, and am stumped.

Comment

Perhaps some sort of good luck medal? The Fleur-de-lis and swaz have been good luck symbols in many cultures for ages - before and after the TR.

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Herc1
            Perhaps some sort of good luck medal? The Fleur-de-lis and swaz have been good luck symbols in many cultures for ages - before and after the TR.

Scott

It is a possible idea, i didnt know that such things existed

Thnks for posting, i also had the curiosity on this medal, and wanted for info

Comment

Is the ribbon known?
              Isnt one from a occupied country by the TR?

Maybe if you get the ribbon info, you will know more about the cross

Comment

There's a similar discussion on unusual swastica items in the E-Stand Bazzar section...

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=162676

Scott

Comment

I already seen one like this, altought with a different ribbon and I though the svatiska was in blue (but it could be red my memory is not perfect :P). Its a medal for a french nazi organisation of Quebec (Canada) called La milice bleu (the blue militia). The fleur de lys represent the emblem of the Quebec (and eventually become part of his flag in 1948). As far as I know that organization became illegal in 1940. The organization had about 10000 members at some point, but I don't know how many medal were made nor why they gave them.
                  Last edited by Franko; 06-18-2006, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Franko
                    I already seen one like this, altought with a different ribbon and I though the svatiska was in blue (but it could be red my memory is not perfect :P). Its a medal for a french nazi organisation of Quebec (Canada) called La milice bleu (the blue militia). The fleur de lys represent the emblem of the Quebec (and eventually become part of his flag in 1948). As far as I know that organization became illegal in 1940. The organization had about 10000 members at some point, but I don't know how many medal were made nor why they gave them.

WOW, its good to have something at least
                    Thnks Franko

I didnt know there were nazis in canada....

Comment

I think its was an organization that admired what Hitler did to Germany after the 1929 crisis to get the country back on his feet. The situation of Quebec in the 30 was not really good. French people were the last to received the aid of the Canadian gouvernment, sometime it can lead to facist.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X