Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medical shoulder boards for ID

Hello,
    I bought these used imperial shoulder boards in a WW2 lot but unfortunately I have no knowledge about this period. I think these are medical but I Don't know the land and the meaning of the blue slide.
    Tahnk you in adance for your reply.
    Yannick.
    Attached Files

The boards are for a Pruessisches Assistenartz auf Wiederrauf (recalled). The blue cords indicate a man recalled to service. Nice worn examples. Mike

Comment

Thank you Mike for the quick reply !

Comment

To be correct, these are boards for the prussian "Kriegs-Assistenzarzt auf Widerruf"

They are not "recalled" to duty ("Wieder") but are Doctors with no actice military service record at an age making them "landsturmpflichtig" (a kind of militia service). They became medical officers during war time only ("auf Widerruf") their commisiion will be rejected once the the war is over....

These board and the rank was established in May 1918 - so they should be pretty rare.

Regards

jaeger7-de

Comment

Thanks for the correction. Mike

Comment

What he said. Great looking boards!

Comment

Thank you for the additional information, very interesting !

Comment

Most of these you see were never issued and are in mint condition, likely due to their late introduction. As one would expect, Prussian examples are the most commonly seen, but all the major states had their version of this rank. I have Prussian, Hessian, Saxon and Württemberg examples. I would rate the Prussian pieces as somewhat scarce, but not rare by any means.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X