Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great War German Ankle Boots

Hello Gents,
    I originally acquired these WWI ankle boots from an extensive Great War German collection. Probably late war and likely worn by storm troops with puttees similar to the British low boot and puttees. Interesting pattern of alternative lace hooks and eyelets near the ankle with the leather laces appearing quite original to the boots. All leather uppers and soles are very dry and quite inflexible. It has been suggested to me that I apply museum quality leather treatment but I'm loath to ruin the original condition so I won't go down that road. Comments are always welcome.
    Cheers,
    KD
    Attached Files

sole pics
    Attached Files

Comment

Nice boots xcskis , very nice ..... & i dont think you will do them any harm if you treat them !?... leather needs to be maintained to stop it cracking etc ! ..a good feed of Neatsfoot oil or Saddle soap is a gental treatment & will help to presevre your items for the future !..i treat my leather military kit & even your ordinary boot polish is worth using for items with a shined finish !...heres a pair of WW2 italian boots i have & treat to maintain their condition , mainly with saddle soap !
      Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X