Picklehaub for USN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions

Thank you for posting the pictures i picked this pickelhaube up in a shop in florida here and i wanted opinions on the depot stamp. I have done some looking around and it looks to me like it is stamped B.A.O for the china expeditionary corps but i wanted some other opinions on it. I appreciate any help that i could receive.

Comment

Very nice helmet /cover & your other ones look good too...
      The stamp is smudged a little ...is it a O...or a Q ..??...also were the surface leathers peeled there seems to be part of another letter infront of the BAO .

Comment

Depot Issue Stamp reads "K.B.A.G." (a bit smudged on the "G" letter I would say). The wide spacing of the holes for the now missing front plate emblem also suggest an M15 Guard Eagle was worn on the helmet at one time which makes total sense with a K.B.A.G. issue depot stamping typically found on Guard unit issued helmets.

Looks like a nice helmet & cover, congratulations on the shop find in Florida!

Best Regards,

Alan

Comment

Cool helmets , I never thought about the wide spacing of holes thing. A good tip. Rob
          God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Originally posted by ww1czechlegion View Post
            Depot Issue Stamp reads "K.B.A.G." (a bit smudged on the "G" letter I would say). The wide spacing of the holes for the now missing front plate emblem also suggest an M15 Guard Eagle was worn on the helmet at one time which makes total sense with a K.B.A.G. issue depot stamping typically found on Guard unit issued helmets.

Looks like a nice helmet & cover, congratulations on the shop find in Florida!

Best Regards,

Alan
            I had been thinking that out could be a garde helmet since no plate that I own would fit the holes I was actually still holding out for the possibility that it was bavarian since I dont have a bavarian plate to compare it too and I would have sworn that last letter was an "O" but what you are saying does make complete sense especially with what's left of the extra letter in front. I will be on the hunt for a garde plate now I suppose.

Thank you for the help guys!

Comment

Alan is dead on as usual on markings etc. Garde wappen would be appropriate.

A Bavarian wappen has holes even closer together then Prussian ones most of the time.

FYI that cover is awesome and a hard variation to find in good shape, I like it even more then the helmet!

James

Comment

Originally posted by Jleb2 View Post
                Alan is dead on as usual on markings etc. Garde wappen would be appropriate.

A Bavarian wappen has holes even closer together then Prussian ones most of the time.

FYI that cover is awesome and a hard variation to find in good shape, I like it even more then the helmet!

James
                That's one of the main reasons why I picked this up the cover is what caught my eye I've never seen one in person before and finding one of the less common ones for what I felt was a steal especially considering now I know it's a garde helmet I just couldn't walk away without it

Comment

Nice find Will. As Alan indicated, no doubt Prussian Garde.

Seeing your Prussian Officer's helmet reminds me to get some pictures up of your great restoration work. Or, you can become an Association Member.

Chuck

Comment

Originally posted by C. Roelens View Post
                    Nice find Will. As Alan indicated, no doubt Prussian Garde.

Seeing your Prussian Officer's helmet reminds me to get some pictures up of your great restoration work. Or, you can become an Association Member.

Chuck
                    That Baden helmet is a restored one as well (all original parts of course) I can email you some pictures if you'd like or if you want to make me an association member I would be more than happy to be one and do some work for the members of the forum. Seeing items properly brought back to their rightful state is a highly enjoyable pastime

Comment

Will,

If you're having problems with your paid memberships dues you might need to contact admin.

Chuck

Comment

Originally posted by C. Roelens View Post
                        Will,

If you're having problems with your paid memberships dues you might need to contact admin.

Chuck
                        I'll have to play with the website a bit I have never tried to become an association member to be honest im sure I can figure it out

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X