Etched Fighting Knife, Russland 1917.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Etched Fighting Knife, Russland 1917.

Fought for this to add to my collection for over a year and was lucky enough to seal a deal a couple of weeks ago, did post in the blades section but with only two replies with over 170 views ive decided to post here in the Imperial section as im sure it must have interest to WAF members, well ive never seen one in hand before only in books and its allways nice to show off an interesting item to fellow collectors
    Attached Files

This is actually a dress bayonet. I should think it's quite rare especially since it's inscribed with Russia - Christmas 1917 (so, after the revolution) and dedicated by the Officer Corps of MWK 243 (Minenwerfer-Kompanie 243). MWK 243 was a Württemberg unit. An etched blade to an mortar company officer on the Eastern front. pretty spectacular.
    Last edited by Brian L.; 12-10-2019, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Yes a very impressive sidearm . I love the patina. Rob
      God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Nice find Pete ...
        Did you get it last Sunday matey ..??

Comment

Very very nice.... and on the open market very, very pricey!! Nice find!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Semovente View Post
            Nice find Pete ...
            Did you get it last Sunday matey ..??
            I did indeed took some doing, a year working on it .I knew there was something special about it and knew it might well be the only opportunity I might have of getting my hands on such a piece I'm very happy to add it to my collection

Comment

Originally posted by dragnet View Post
              I did indeed took some doing, a year working on it .I knew there was something special about it and knew it might well be the only opportunity I might have of getting my hands on such a piece I'm very happy to add it to my collection
              I dont blame you Peter , its a very nice find ... , i guess you dont see such rare items like that very oftern these days !?...or if you do its in some one elses collection...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X