Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saxon infantry Pickelhaube plate?

Hi
    What you think about this plate? Saxon infantry, but Pickelhaube or maybe shako?
    Size is 11cm
    Attached Files

The wire attachment loops on the back side are not shaped correctly for an enlisted pattern Saxon front plate.

They should be "U" shaped and not pinched together at the solder area like this one is.

Also: this is not the normal way for attaching an enlisted pattern Saxon wappen to the star portion of the front plate. It is normally held on by two rounded wire loops with a pin through the loops to hold the Saxon wappen on to the star plate. Normally we don not see the enlisted Saxon wappen device with pointed split brad pins attaching it to the star part of the front plate. The Saxon wappen is also soldered on to the star crooked.

Best Regards,

Alan
    Last edited by ww1czechlegion; 11-29-2019, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Hello,

Here are some photos of what the loops should be shaped like on the back of a Model 1895 Saxon enlisted man's front plate wappen. Whoever made the front plate that you are showing used what looks like brass cotter pins that they soldered on to the back side of the wappen / front plate.

My photos are of a Model 1915 Steel Saxon enlisted man's front plate, but the 2-wire loops and the pin should be the same shape in Brass instead of the 2-steel loops and pin on this Model 1915 enlisted man's front plate that I am showing. I hope this helps you.

Best Regards,

Alan
      Attached Files

Comment

ww1czechlegion

I see the differences, thanks for your help.

Comment

The knowledge on this sight is amazing! Thanks .

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X