Wurttemberg bayonets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wurttemberg bayonets

Just showing you guys my two bayonets from the kingdom of Wurttemberg. Both have similar marked frogs. 1915 Stuttgart. I would like to hear your opinions, thanks!

Last edited by rick1; 11-23-2018, 12:05 PM.

Who cares fo the bayonets ? The NCO troddeln are marvelous !
    ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by jaeger7-de View Post
      Who cares fo the bayonets ? The NCO troddeln are marvelous !
      Thanks! Hoping the condition mat hes for all parts. Is th W script just normal Prussian or unique to Wurttemberg.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rick1 View Post
        Thanks! Hoping the condition mat hes for all parts. Is th W script just normal Prussian or unique to Wurttemberg.

*Matches..... *the W

Comment

I d ont think that ersatz is wuerttemberg. This chiper with crown is inspection stamp
          Not wuerttemberg

Comment

Originally posted by RED LION View Post
            I d ont think that ersatz is wuerttemberg. This chiper with crown is inspection stamp
            Not wuerttemberg
            Ok, so I'm assuming the mark is Prussian that could have been issued to Wurttemberg.

Comment

The mark on the ersatz bayonet is a fraktur or factory proof mark and signified the mark of the officer in charge of the inspection team. The "W" you refer to but don't show a picture of, if on the blade spine is simply an Imperial acceptance mark indicating the bayonet has been accepted into the Imperial Armoury. "W" being Kaiser Wilhelm II, and two digit number indicates the year.
              Why do you think these bayonets are associated with the kingdom of Wurttemberg?

Comment

Originally posted by PeterM7 View Post
                Why do you think these bayonets are associated with the kingdom of Wurttemberg?
                Thanks guys. Never said they were associated with Wurttemberg other that the accoutrements. Bayonets were rarely marked as such. Other states also supplied them with bayonets mostly Prussia.

Really just seeing if there was anything not associating them with possibility of Wurttemberg. A Prussian mark would not be one IMO.

I know there are alot of the ersatz bayonet that has turk attributes.

Less concerned about the 84/98. I've seen prewar Wurttemberg unit marked ones from that maker.

Comment

I like the maker marked and dated frogs particularly the one with the Wurttemberg unit mark.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X