This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to the new forum

Hello everyone and welcome to the new Imperial Uniform and Headdress Forum. While we do have a forum on Imperial items it is felt that a separate forum on Imperial uniforms and head gear could support itself. Since I suggested the new forum I was asked if I would moderate it. I would also like to welcome Dave Mosher as a co-moderator. I would also like to thank Tony Schnurr for the use of pictures from his website, www.kaisersbunker.com, for graphics for this forum. I encourage everyone to visit Tony’s website. It is a wealth of information and extremely well done.

The purpose of the Imperial Uniform and Headdress Forum is to further the discussion and knowledge of Imperial Dunkelblau’s and Feldgrau waffenrocks as well as helmets, headgear, and equipment. While no one knows everyone about these topics we collectively have a tremendous amount of information that we can share.

I encourage everyone to post pictures of items in your collection or items you are looking to purchase or to just show off some really cool stuff. I again welcome everyone and hope you find the new Imperial Uniform and Headdress Forum to be informative, interesting and fun!
    Imperial German Medalbars and Ribbonbars

paul hi -- need your help! new member; registered and posting and anxious to share some pics of my collection but under the posting rules it says "you may not post attachments" and i do not see any place/way to attach/post a pic! is this a restriction or something? i started the new thread on training gas masks and everyone else is posting but me! thanks in advance john paquin

Comment

Hi John,
      The same thing happened to me. I think you need to 'subscribe'. Thats what I did before I could post photos.
      I,ve just started to use the site and find it very interesting on a lot of different subjects.
      Eric.

Comment

I am new to the site. How do I go about posting on here. I have what I think is a WW1 German Hussar tunic and wanted some help with an ID.
        Thanks, Brian

Comment

Hello everyone,
          I'm new to the forum but been a collector for quiet some time. I am also a member of several other forums and recognize some names here. Primarily interested in Bavarian and Colonial Imperial Era but I dabble in WW2. I look forward to contributing any knowledge I may be able to share.
          Regards,
          Schutztruppe

Comment

Schutztruppe, welcome aboard.

Comment

Yes, welcome aboard! Start some threads, show your interests... and thanks for introducing yourself.

Chip

Comment

Hello to everyone.
                I just joined the forum and after perusing the different topics I see that there is a lot to learn here
                Discussions with and recommendations from members who know more than I do and have first hand experience, As far as I'm concerned, that's invaluable.

My first post here will be for items j recently purchase in the north of France, 3 weeks ago.

Best Regards, Philippe

Comment

hello;
                  y have found this forum by the way of my friend Chip,and it looks verry interesting for me,y am a collector of german helmetts,gear,uniforms 14-18 (whit prefere the year 1918)and y like the most the german medic 14-18,greathings kemmelberg 1920

Comment

Welcome friend!

Very happy to see you here. You always have a lot to contribute.

Best regards,
                    Chip

Comment

Originally posted by bn1961 View Post
                      I am new to the site. How do I go about posting on here. I have what I think is a WW1 German Hussar tunic and wanted some help with an ID.
                      Thanks, Brian
                      Hi you need to become an association member by paying a subscription.
                      Here is the link
                      http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/payments.php
                      Cheers
                      sigpicLooking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Comment

Gentlemen
                        My name is David Pearce 27yrs not much more to say really at the moment other than been studying imperial german since 10 years old would like to collect in the future if and when I can afford it. rgds Dave

Comment

Welcome Dave. Enjoy the forum. You had better start collecting now. It isn't going to get any cheaper!

Regards,
                          Chip

Comment

Welcome aboard, Dave.

Comment

help please

hi my name is declan, i have been collecting german militaria from ww2 for a few years but i recently acquired a pickelhaube which is in a bad state, i paid very little for it but i have some reservations as to its authenticity, i am wondering could someone help me with identifying it, thankshaube1.JPG

haube2.JPG

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X