NCO cockade article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NCO cockade article

Ok folks my latest concoction. This should either bore a hole in you or create some controversy. This is my take of the NCO cockade controversy basically from 1900-1914. PLEASE critique. I can take the criticism and need the help. From spelling to common sense … I sometimes can’t do either.

Article to put you soundly asleep. Thanks!
    http://www.coljs.com/articles.htm<O</O

VR/ Joe

Unteroffizier ohne Portepee

Hi Joe,

have you noticed that Kraus also illustrates a cockade for Unteroffiziere ohne Portepee (Sergeant and Unteroffizier) on the plate showing patterns which although constructed like the private soldiers is somewhat smaller! Something I think feldgrau Dave alluded to some months back (the true NCO's Cockade). I think I agree with your central theme; Officers and SNCOs basically the same but obvious construction differences bearing in mind the fitting (posts versus rosettes).

Regards
    Glenn

Comment

Glenn are you talking about the smaller Mütze cockades? I really wish the Bavarian Army Museum would respond to my copyright request, then we could post the pictures here. I think few folks have Kraus so far.

VR/ Joe

Comment

Mutzenkokarden

Hi Joe,

yes the small Mützenkokarden as shown on page 136 & 137 of the German language edition.

Regards
        Glenn

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X