PRUSSIAN BELT & BUCKLE, 1913 w/ INTERESTING SLIP-CATCH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PRUSSIAN BELT & BUCKLE, 1913 w/ INTERESTING SLIP-CATCH

Just found this one this morning at a local yard sale. Standard early Prussian 2 piece buckle w/ tab marked to a maker in Eisleben in 1913. The buckle was trimmed to fit by its original owner apparently. What I find interesting is the catch, which is made from sheet brass and made so that the leather belt will slip through it and fold over onto itself. First one of these I've ever come across. Does anyone else have one of these or know if it's a production or field modified item? Thanks!
    Attached Files

Rear of the buckle showing the tab...
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Never seen !

Comment

Thanks! Well, that makes TWO of us at least!

Comment

Hi Milton
          I presume,only guessing of course that the belt is not original (factory made) even though the leather of the belt looks the same as the tab of the buckle.
          The only reason I say this is because the belt does not have the adjustment tab on the inside of the belt,therefore the owner has made his own type of adjustment catch,which is really cool,you can see how the catch is not factory made which you have stated.
          I reckon a good score,I like this type of diiferent belt and buckle set ups that aren't original.
          Thanks for showing,I've never seen one either.
          Best
          Spike

Comment

It looks good to me. I also like the odd belt/buckle set-ups. Could you post more pictures of the set-up?
            Thanks.
            Jerry

Comment

Thanks gents. I can post more pix today or tomorrow. I believe it's a "factory" belt that has had the inner strap w/ adjustment holes removed (as the buckle itself has the prongs poking through the body of the leather belt), however I'll have to have another look as it could be a field-made arrangement as well. Thx for your comments!

Comment

Böttger Eisleben

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X