pickelhaube renovation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pickelhaube renovation

Hi ! I'm new member of Wehrmacht-Aword.com . I would like to meet people itnerested in WWI memorablia , which are experienced in renovation of leather helmets .
    Just a days ago I bought a " German Princess " ( pickelhaube of the Garde Dragoon Regiment ) - rather her corpse . maybe corpse , but still you can see her beauty and class. The problem is , to bring this spiked helmet to a good and which is very important , tastefull condition . I don't want it to look nearly perfect , all I want is to bring its shape , complete it , clean it a little and make an anti fungus preservation . I do have some experience , but I would like to talk to more collectors before . I'm sure , there is a lot of people , they enjoy to bring back to live beautiful items like this one .
    Best Regards

Kornel Royko

ps. I'm unable to load any pictures at the moment ( I do have some from Ebay seller , I bought it - but can't do this on this forum ... is something wrong with me ?!! )
    Last edited by Kornel R.; 06-12-2011, 09:36 PM.

Hi Kornel,

Welcome to the forum.

To load photos, you must join as an Association Member. Click "A. Member" in the upper right-hand corner of any forum page. It costs $25/year and allows unlimited photo posting privileges.

As for the helmet, I suspect you will have better luck posting it in the Imperial Headgear and Uniforms forum, which is just below this one on the main page, or you can follow this link HERE. I know there are some real Imperial headgear experts there, and I'm sure there are some well-versed in restoration and repair as well.

Best of luck.
    Best regards,
    Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

You can also post photos by hosting them first on a site such as photobucket or imageshack.
      Best
      Gus

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X