Lakesidetrader

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to tell if a 1915 Imperial Blouse is Fake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Button flap is lined with a brownish-gray dull sateen. You can see where the buttons have worn against the lining.

Buttonholes were examined very carefully with a strong UV mineral light - no signs of modern thread or interfacing.
    Attached Files

Comment

Nice details with hand stitching.

The wool looks a little dirty and stiff in some of the photos, but it is very clean, with none of the dirty stiffness often found in a uniform this old.
      Attached Files

Comment

Sleeves have been shortened a bit. The white stitching is polyester thread.

In the second pic is some of the only dirt to be found on this uniform, and it is just some linty stuff that got inside the cuff.
        Attached Files

Comment

This button looks old, but the others are very shiny.

The belt hook is RZM marked on the back and is nickel plated.
          Attached Files

Comment

Rear "belt ramp" buttons were torn out, and regular buttons added later. You can see where a rip in the wool was repaired.

That's it. Hoping to see a or
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

this jacket is a old copy, but a copy!

There are a lot of things wrong, the lining is not correct, the stamps inside, the pockets also.....ect.

Best regards
              david

Comment

Thanks, David. That is the kind of expert opinion I was hoping to hear.

Everyone, please feel free to chime in.

Comment

When were the first copies made? Were they a result of the re enactor market or were one off's made by people who just wanted a copy?

W

Comment

Originally posted by PlaceOfBayonets View Post
                    When were the first copies made? Were they a result of the re enactor market or were one off's made by people who just wanted a copy?

W
                    I agree with David. As to the date that it was made, my best stab would be the 1980s or early 1990s. I base this on the fact that the pattern of hbt used in this one was also being used in other repros of that period and the work, materials and markings are sort of correct, but not expertly executed...another hallmark of uniform fakes 20 to 30 years ago.

Comment

I agree with phild
                      It looks like a reenactor tunic from the early eighties, but I would,nt call it a fake my old play M15 is issue stamped and size marked also. Sorry for the bad news, thank you for posting the pictures.

Eric

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X