Austrian ? Re-issue Helmet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Austrian ? Re-issue Helmet

I looked at a DD WW2 apple green German helmet that was on the body of what looked to be an Austrian Helmet. The odd thing, is that there are 2 additional smaller rivets on the one side (where the eagle shield decal is) and the other thing is that the liner band rivets, have like a inner silver stud h0olding the flat part. The liner was also very suede-like as well. I don't have any pics but I have made a somewhat accurate photoshop creation. One theory was that Austrian mountain troops wore a feather thing on the side of thier helmets.

Thanks!
    Attached Files
    http://militarycollectorshq.com/

sigpic

/

Jerry,
    Austrian Gendarmerie helmets employed a small flaming grenade badge secured to the left side of the helmet (by two pins). Many of these were refurbished during the NS era with the removal of the brass badge, often being overpainted and usually having appropriate NS decal applications dependant upon the receiving organization. I have some police helmets reconfigured from these helmets, they have retained their original Austrian inter-war WW-1 style liners complete with the split rivets, hense the silver stud" attachment is something I'm not familiar with off-hand.
    Regards,
    Don

Comment

Thanks Don!
      I will see if i can get some pics of those rivits. He offered to leave it with me, but I wouldn't see him for 2 weeks so I didn't want the responsibility
      http://militarycollectorshq.com/

sigpic

Comment

/

Jerry,
        You're very welcome, also, when they removed the brass badge the two small holes where the mounting pins went through to secure it to the shell typically were left open.
        Don

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X