Nice Cut out on the E stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice Cut out on the E stand

Check it out. The paint almost looks original.

Rickboy was looking to pick up a cut out two years ago when I was selling mine. He wanted to restore one and mine had a little light pitting or heavy rust and I suggested he keep looking for a better restore project. He must have found it. Dunno why he's selling but this is a nice one so far as a restored helmet goes.

Chuck this one tugging on you?

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/FORU...d.php?t=464195

William

Wow William
    Yes its nice. what a great restore job.

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by PlaceOfBayonets View Post
      Check it out. The paint almost looks original.

Rickboy was looking to pick up a cut out two years ago when I was selling mine. He wanted to restore one and mine had a little light pitting or heavy rust and I suggested he keep looking for a better restore project. He must have found it. Dunno why he's selling but this is a nice one so far as a restored helmet goes.

Chuck this one tugging on you?

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/FORU...d.php?t=464195

William
      Not even close! I will not touch any helmet no matter how rare it is that has been restored with reproduction paint and parts. I could have had ole "bluey" for under $100.00... that's as close as I'll ever get. Another will find its way to me.

Chuck

Comment

Haha ha no way I think bluey was way past 100 by the time I posted it.

Comment

Originally posted by C. Roelens View Post
          Not even close! I will not touch any helmet no matter how rare it is that has been restored with reproduction paint and parts. I could have had ole "bluey" for under $100.00... that's as close as I'll ever get. Another will find its way to me.

Chuck
          In this case I think the guy,s rescued it because it was being used as a fire helmet? So its ok, of course the price is way off.

Eric

Comment

Not sure the price is off. When German Helmet's Inc has restored cut outs in stock they ask 1,175.00 for them and at least a year and a half ago they flew out the door.

Ken will buy a stripped shell for around 500 and restore it and sell them. I guess with the economy prices are down but still a hard helmet to come by.

Comment

Originally posted by PlaceOfBayonets View Post
              Haha ha no way I think bluey was way past 100 by the time I posted it.

wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by C. Roelens View Post
                wrong!
                Yea
                Were,nt it at something ridiculous like 0-20 bucks for days?
                Anyway guy,s others will turn up they always do.

Eric

Comment

I am pretty sure it was like 350 by time I posted it but I may be wrong. I think it sold for around 6 and that is under the 900 it would sell for before the first eco crash.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X