CollectorsGuild

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ebay M16 camo sells for over 3,000 dollars!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ebay M16 camo sells for over 3,000 dollars!

And it had a crack in it. This is the Holy Grail of M16's. I finally find it and it has a crack. Once bidding went past 900 I did not even consider a bid. But had it no battle damage I would have won it. That helmet woud have freed me form my addiction.

What do you guys think of this helmet and the price.

William

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Well, someone just a made a very generous "donation" to Goodwill!
    Just wonder who brought it into their store? Ron

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

That,s pure ebay bidding insanity imo.

Eric
        Attached Files

Comment

Yes, someone had deep pockets indeed.

I recall that Bob Johnson of the Battlefield Bookstore in Minneapolis had one of these fantastic pattern camo helmets which he sold in the past 3-4 yrs on eBay, and it brought somewhere between $1,400 to $1,800 if I remember correctly. His example did not have the crack/battle damage to it.

A very desireable and hard to find pattern indeed. But wow, $3,250???

All the Best,

Alan

Comment

Internal 500 Server error which caused a duplicate posting.

Comment

If not for the damage I'd have won it. I bet someone placed a win at all costs bid and someone else bid 3 grand both thinking they would not have to pay it.

Comment

Originally posted by PlaceOfBayonets View Post
                If not for the damage I'd have won it.
                Ah
                Dont sweat it William. I saw it and went wow! The damage put me right off my friend.
                I not sure if the crack is wartime damage to tell the truth. I think the buyer is crazy.

Eric

Comment

Nice helmet, but I was thinkin in the $600.00-$800.00 range for this one. I'll be surprised if this sale actually goes through.

Chuck

Comment

I just don't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by C. Roelens View Post
                      Nice helmet, but I was thinkin in the $600.00-$800.00 range for this one. I'll be surprised if this sale actually goes through.

Chuck
                      I was thinking the same thing Chuck. I bet at least a few second chance offers will be sent out. I really should have bid on the lower end to stay in the game.

W.

Comment

Indeed a desirable pattern, but is the buyer a bit crazy in the coconut??? I also want camo helmets, but this is way to much for a helmet like that...

Adler 1

Comment

Originally posted by Adler 1 View Post
                          Indeed a desirable pattern, but is the buyer a bit crazy in the coconut??? I also want camo helmets, but this is way to much for a helmet like that...

Adler 1
                          Ya but!!.... They don't come up like that every day, hell every year even and when they do they are fakes like the one I picked up below
                          Attached Files

Comment

Adler 1
                            a bit???? that guy completely lost his mind, what do you think the concequence will be?
                            I thought it would go about $1200.
                            the crack would be no problem for me, but would rather prefer a complete liner.

IMO this has nothing to do anymore about collecting, and if this is the future, well, i'll pass.

Comment

...but is the buyer a bit crazy in the coconut....

Adler 1

I bet the winner has a bad dose of buyers remorse today.
                              W, think yourself $900 richer, thats how I get over something I missed out on.

Gents
                              What sort of battlefield trauma could cause that kind of damage in your opinion without the whole liner gone or evidence of a massive head injury?
                              Whats going on at the top of the crack?

Eric

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X