Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a very nice original all the way

i wouldn't clean a thing. that dome is rusty for a reason

an S.i. in a size 64 is extremely rare, i've only seen S.i.'s in 62 and 66. i'd say this adds to value.

Comment

A nice catch Chuck , love the different pattered camo sceme , great lid , cheers Raymond

Comment

Originally posted by Arran View Post
        I think you have a winner!
        Thank You

Comment

Originally posted by 704hoss55 View Post
          It,s horrible
          I hate it and they should stop people in California collecting camos.

Eric
          What! I was going to give it to you...

Comment

Originally posted by luftwaffenkopf View Post
            a very nice original all the way

i wouldn't clean a thing. that dome is rusty for a reason

an S.i. in a size 64 is extremely rare, i've only seen S.i.'s in 62 and 66. i'd say this adds to value.
            Thank You. The inside dome will stay like it is. I never gave the maker and size a second thought until you just mentioned it, and, you're right.

Comment

Originally posted by ironcross1 View Post
              A nice catch Chuck , love the different pattered camo sceme , great lid , cheers Raymond
              Thanks Raymond. Is everything ok from that 7.0 earthquake over there?

Chuck

Comment

Originally posted by C. Roelens View Post
                What! I was going to give it to you...
                Ok Chuck
                Dont get carried away. Si made 64,s. I,ve got hundreds and use them for flowerpots

Comment

Now those are proper pictures. I like everything, from the paint to the chinstrap. The dividing lines still look reddish brown to me.

Could you post a picture of the maker/size stamp? I've never seen a Silesia size 64 helmet either. My guess would have been a Bell L with squared lugs.

Hans

Comment

Nice score Chuck you have the 'eye'

Comment

Damn where have I been? Not on Ebay I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Hans K. View Post
                        Now those are proper pictures. I like everything, from the paint to the chinstrap. The dividing lines still look reddish brown to me.

Could you post a picture of the maker/size stamp? I've never seen a Silesia size 64 helmet either. My guess would have been a Bell L with squared lugs.

Hans
                        Hans

I think you may be correct in regards to the maker/size stamping. It is very light and hard to read, and even tougher to photograph. The L is broken and appears to be an i. A Bell L would make sense as the Silesia stampings are always firm and clear, whereas; the Bell L stampings seem to run on the light side and are often difficult to read. I'm going to have another collector look at it. I'll try to get photos up later this weekend.

Chuck

Comment

Originally posted by nzef1940 View Post
                          Nice score Chuck you have the 'eye'
                          Thank You.

Comment

congrats, I was already convinced when i saw the pics on ebay, and now it is confirmed.
                            As i said before, pity he didn't send to europe

Comment

Originally posted by Hans K. View Post
                              My guess would have been a Bell L with squared lugs.

Hans
                              Hans
                              How can you tell a Bell L with anything other than rounded lugs?Iam interested that,s all and not trying to give a hard time. Other learnerd gents do that "it,s a so and so" and Iam left wondering untill I get my glasses on. There more often right of course.

Eric

Comment

Eric, knowing that the odd Bell L with squared lugs occasionally shows up is important. The short flat visor, overall shape and pronounced flare of the rim are typical of Bell L helmets. The thicker than normal front liner pin heads are also unique to that maker. None of the other makers of size 64 shells came close in form, with the possible exception of some Kerkmanns.

If a Si64 shell turned up, that would be earth-shattering. It would also be puzzling that they weren't more common considering that size 64 was the most frequently issued size, followed closely by 66.
                                Hans

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X