Jager zu Pferde Helmet makers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jager zu Pferde Helmet makers

Hi all, I've searched the forum on makers of metal Jager zu Pferde helmet makers and came up with no hits, so I thought I ask a question. I have in my collection a nice helmet (unworn) with the maker GBR.JSREAL 1915 stamped into the bowl of the helmet. Has anyone seen this maker and is there a listing of makers? I can't post picks as my membership has expired but is someone in willing to post on my behalf I'll be happly to provide some pics.

Regards,

Greg

You may find the info you need on the Pickelhaubes.com Forum- good luck!

Comment

I also have a JzP helmet made by Geb. Israel.

Comment

Thanks guys. Beside Isreal and Juncker, what other makers made these? Did Isreal also make cuirassier versions as well? My helmet has grey(white metal) mounts with Prussian cockades. There is a B.A.X. 1916 under one of the tongues of the liner. With these features, what regiments would have worn this helmet?

G

Comment

I also have a M1915 JzP helmet made by Israel. Carefully reexamine the Bekleidungsamt stamping: I don't see where any of the JzP regiments were geographically located in the X AK area. There were two in XI and one in V.

There were a few Army Korps districts that did not have a BK and pulled equipment from another so yours may very well be 100% correct. Most of these AK districts without BK's were along the Rheinland and Alsace-Lorraine. X.AK was Hannover, Braunschweig area.

Comment

I'm sure that these guys could answer us all question about metal helmets.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Sergeant 08 View Post
              I'm sure that these guys could answer us all question about metal helmets.
              great photo ...

Comment

YES!...fantastic photo!

Comment

Originally posted by sabertasche View Post
                  Hi all, I've searched the forum on makers of metal Jager zu Pferde helmet makers and came up with no hits, so I thought I ask a question. I have in my collection a nice helmet (unworn) with the maker GBR.JSREAL 1915 stamped into the bowl of the helmet. Has anyone seen this maker and is there a listing of makers? I can't post picks as my membership has expired but is someone in willing to post on my behalf I'll be happly to provide some pics.

Regards,

Greg
                  I believe the correct name is Gbr. (Gebruder) J.S. Rael. I have one of these JZP helmets also, marked 6 for 6th regiment. I haven't been able to find anything about the company on the internet, except one photo of a WWI canteen made by them.

Comment

Originally posted by Rbenn21874 View Post
                    I believe the correct name is Gbr. (Gebruder) J.S. Rael. I have one of these JZP helmets also, marked 6 for 6th regiment. I haven't been able to find anything about the company on the internet, except one photo of a WWI canteen made by them.
                    Hello
                    I found some info but its only 1918 sorry.
                    The 6th were split between the Garde Kav.(28th Brigade) and 8th Kavallerie (38th Brigade) Divisions.
                    Garde actions 1918: Champagne.
                    Souain (July 2nd-20th)
                    Soissons (Aug 22 to Sept 5th)
                    Prosnes (Sept 23-24th)

Final retreat:
                    Champagne:
                    Herpy (Nov 1st)
                    St. Ferguex (Nov 5th)
                    Rethel (Nov 6th)
                    Rocquigny (Nov 7th)

8Th Kavallerie Division
                    Eastern Front 1918
                    Mainly employed with Police Detachments, April when it was dissolved.

Eric

Comment

Jager zu Pferde helmet makers

I previously posted that Gbr. Jsrael was actually Gbr. J.S Rael. It appears that my belief, based upon another source, was wrong. A lot of people refer to this maker as Gbr. Israel. Near as I can tell, the actual teutonic spelling is Jsrael. This made no sense to me, as how could anyone pronounce such a name, but now I understand that the Germans pronounce "J " as English pronounce "I", and it all makes sense.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X