No announcement yet.

Lets see your MG08 - MG08/15 displays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's my 100 round ammo belt. It still has the original tie strings on it, like the day is was shipped.

Comment

What was the purpose of the metal tabs sticking up for?

Comment

Originally posted by pzrwest View Post
        What was the purpose of the metal tabs sticking up for?
        The tabs are the round tip depth and keep them all uniform on the belt to feed through the feed block. Also they keep the rounds correctly positioned once in the cans.
        Chip, that's some belt in great condition.

Eric

Comment

Hello,

Here are pictures of my messdreieck:

For the MG hand cart, you have several models, in steel and wood, for infantry, marine and mountain troops....

Regards
          David

Comment

David
            30yrs ago I had two pouches and was told by a MG 'expert' they were not mean't for German troops so I sold them both for 20 bucks!

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss View Post
              David
              30yrs ago I had two pouches and was told by a MG 'expert' they were not mean't for German troops so I sold them both for 20 bucks!

Eric
              ooops wrong thread, sorry.

Comment

Hello,

Here are the tool and parts bag for the MG 08/15.....

Regards
                David

Comment

David
                  Wonderful Thank you for showing.

Eric

Comment

Wish I could offer more than just an ow wow, but these photos of all of your collections are just stunning.

Comment

Super thread! Thanks all for showing.

Comment

Hi everyone!
                        I am new to the forum, and have been spending HOURS reading so many interesting posts - amazing collections out there... very inspiring!

I thought this would be the place to ask about the MG08/15 drums - in particular the various makers of the drums... I have seen only a few on forums and would like to know how to recognize a reproduction? Is the maker E&G for instance one recognized maker? I have seen S&H and FRC - can anyone confirm that drums were made by E&G? The E&G is "pressed" into the top half of the drum roughly in the same position as the "FEUER!" on the other side... Unable to post photos, sorry... Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Jason
                        Last edited by Segeltuchtasche; 12-13-2012, 06:49 PM. Reason: spelling error

Comment

Jason
                          Original and reproductions both have the E&G embossed stamp probably the others too so can't go by stamps alone.
                          Visually the latest repro's are very good but they are lighter so I'm told and made from inferior steel.

Eric

Comment

Opinions welcomed

Thanks Eric for your response.
                            Here are the drums I am writing about. I guess we can't assess the weight of the steel in a photo, but any input as to authenticity based on these photos?

Opinions about the two different colours on the drums? Is one a repaint perhaps?

Any comments about the "FEUER" and "KURBEL HOCH" being both in white and not red/white combination?

Many thanks,
                            Jason
                            Attached Files

Comment

cont'd

Hi everyone,
                              here one more photos of the mounting area on the drums...
                              Any opinions on the mounting area - they both seem different from one another...
                              Thanks,
                              Jason
                              Attached Files

Comment

Nice
                                Both drums look good to me made by Ehirch & Graetz.

Eric

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 28 users online. 0 members and 28 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X