demjanskbattlefield

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best books on collecting Imperial German militaria ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best books on collecting Imperial German militaria ?

Can someone please recommend to me the best reference books on collecting imperial German equipment particularly from ww1 ?

I see that no one has responded to you? That's sad, especially since you are a new member. I am an ancient 64 years old now, but back in the day, collectors were always more welcoming than they seem to be nowadays.

Oh well, such is life. Now to your question. Without a doubt, the books from Verlag militaria are the best overall references. They have awesome photos and are very detailed. The drawback is the big price tag. Again, back in the old days a collector could get away with not having lost of reference books because fakes were few and easier to spot. Now it seems that every facet of military collecting is a minefield of fakes. So it is more important than ever to have good reference books.

I collect Austro-Hungarian caps, not Imperial German. The Verlag books in my field are excellent. I have not seen the Imperial German books but I assume they are equally well done.

Field Grey Uniforms of the Imperial German Army, 1907-1918....I have heard this is a good book also, but again very expensive.

Now since you are looking for equipment....I know of no books dealing exclusively with that. So almost every book you get is going to be 70 percent uniforms and headgear.

Good luck and welcome to the forum!!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X