Hessen pattern buckle on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hessen pattern buckle on ebay

Recently I've been looking for a decent original Hessen pattern buckle. I found this one on ebay but it looks odd. First, is this buckle even original? Second, is it actually a Hessen pattern buckle? Personally, this buckle looks like one of the repros that Hessen Antique sells. Thanks in advance for any help!
    Attached Files

Hi Grady, I am far from an expert on buckles, so I will let those who know more comment on the one you posted. Over the years I have acquired a half dozen or so Imperial buckles here and there. Having said that, I thought I would offer photos of the one Hessen in my collection I picked up at a gun show years ago. I remember when I acquired it, I looked at others online and felt it was good. I welcome comments though. Mine is the two piece design with the particular wire attachment that you often see on Hessen models. When I looked into these, I remember thinking I really liked the two piece design personally better than the stamped one piece. Just thought I would share. Kevin
    Attached Files

Comment

Don't know why only one photo posted. Lets try again
      Attached Files

Comment

That's a nice one Kevin! I have a few original cdv photographs with guys wearing that pattern. I don't have a good feeling about the first buckle I posted, so here's another on ebay that I think stands a better chance at being original.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Guys,

Yes, I also don't like the first buckle posted. I had seen it on eBay.

Does the 2nd buckle posted have a steel roller pin that is marked D.R.G.M.? If the buckle is brass, it should have a brass roller pin and brass claws.

The last buckle posted above leaves me with some questions, and I don't quite feel comfortable with it. I like the crown o.k. The edge side frame of the buckle is not bent over the roller pin area. This would be the first time that I have seen a Hessian 2-piece private purchase buckle withe this type of catch on it, instead of the normal U shaped brass rod catch that we normally see on these 2-piece Hessian buckles. Not saying this last buckle is not original, but I don't feel entirely comfortable with it. It may be good, I just haven't seen one configured quite like this one.

I need to get some sleep. Otherwise I'd post photos of the conventional style 2-piece private purchase Hessian buckles in my collection. You may have to wait until Saturday for me to post some pics to help you guys.

Best Regards,

Alan

Comment

Hi Allen, thanks for your input and hope you get some rest! My buckle posted, the second one above, does in fact have the brass roller pin and claws. Thanks for taking s look, glad to know it is correct.. Grady, I hope his info helped you as well and I hope you are able to find a nice one for your collection soon. Best, Kevin

Comment

Unfortunately, those are a couple duds Grady. Although cleaned, that's a very nice original Kevin. I wonder whose fingerprint is on it? Here's a stamped version, with beautiful original patina.

Chuck
              Attached Files

Comment

I would get a standard one, the first looks all wrong the last looks cheap . This is my steel one. Rob
                Attached Files
                God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Nice one Rob.

Chuck

Comment

Nice buckles both-as always Chuck, your collection is top shelf. Thanks for sharing. BTW, I think of course that is the Kaisers fingerprint for what it is worth. I bought four buckles from the same guy at a local small gun show. Unfortunately they were all cleaned but I thought all looked good and the price was right. I keep hoping they will patina faster....I will like their look a bit better in 100 years. Kevin

Comment

Thanks guys for the info and the excellent original examples! That's why I check here here first, so I don't get burned. That's a really cool "hate belt" Chuck. A Hessen with an MG badge, probably the best one I've seen! Robb I love your buckle! The field gray hessens seem to be really rare.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X