Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WW1 Husaren Pelzmutze

Hello,

I was wondering if this cap was an original...I friend of mine has it for sale and I thought it was rather interesting. It appears to be a Husaren Pelzmutze but I dont really collect WW1 or I have no experience with ww1 headgear. Please let me know what you think...

Regards,
    Chris G.
    Attached Files

real deal here

Comment

Thank you so much for the reply. It thought the cap was really cool but I dont really collect this type of item. My friend was asking $450 usd for the cap...I haven't seen any others around and was wondering if that was an good deal or is that asking too much?

Regards,
      Chris G.

Comment

That would be about a quarter of market price for a real one but I have real concerns if this one is in fact original. Other s can chime in but I know a full range of excellent reproductions of the filtz helms were produced about 50 years ago. One thing we know now but few did back then is that most of not all of these were originally made in 1914/15 not late war

Comment

Ah thank you so much for your thoughts on it. Like I said I dont know much about this cap. I tried to do some of my own research but was unable to really find anything about these other than what they are.

Regards,
          Chris G.

Comment

Very nice, I’d love to have one as nice

Comment

The yellow bag would be for either Husaren Regt nr.4 or 16.
              Curious about the stamp, though; were these still being made in 1918?

Bob Shoaf

Comment

$450 is what a replica of one of these sells for.

Just like the repro "#22" felt spike helmet that sold on eBay a day ago, for over $300 to someone. It's a well known fake and someone still wanted it.

Best Regards,

Alan

Comment

Wow my first impression was obvious fake! Lol
                  rob
                  God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Thank you for all your thoughts on the cap guys. I will probably pass on this one because there appears to be mixed feelings about the originality of the cap.

Regards,
                    Chris G.

Comment

i just bought this exact cap today in orange. just saw this thread when i got home.
                      -matt

Comment

Cool man...yes that it where it was. Congrats on the cap and i hope you enjoy it.

Regards,
                        Chris G.

Comment

Originally posted by mattplatt View Post
                          i just bought this exact cap today in orange. just saw this thread when i got home.
                          -matt
                          No Hussar regiment had an orange bag.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Shoaf View Post

No Hussar regiment had an orange bag.
                            orange is the city i bought it in.
                            Orange CA USA

Comment

http://www.kaisersbunker.com/pt/pelzmutze.htm

this link shows the regulation changes for the pelzmutze up until the last regulation change in 1915. these seem to have been produced even early post war until the german army had to downsize due to the treaty of versailles. just for future reference. this 1918 produced cap does fit the 1915 regulation btw.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X