Adler 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adler 1

I heard on another forum that Karel "Adler 1" passed away a few days ago.
    IMO he had one of the best Imperial collections I have ever seen. I'm sure
    that his knowledge of this stuff will be greatly missed.

Was very sorry to hear of Karel's passing. He was a very dedicated, advanced, and skilled collector. My condolences to his family and friends. May he R.I.P.
    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

That is very sad news indeed, My thoughts are with his loved ones.

Comment

I have to admit I'm surprised to see no more expressions of sympathy - I did not know Karel personally, but know is contributions here and on other fora and his generous sharing of knowledge (which is what these fora are all about). A sign of the times, I guess, but not a good one.

Comment

By member GdC26: I have to admit I'm surprised to see no more expressions of sympathy - I did not know Karel personally, but know is contributions here and on other fora and his generous sharing of knowledge (which is what these fora are all about). A sign of the times, I guess, but not a good one.
          Yes, those of us who knew him from his fantastic contributions here and on other forums are greatly saddened and stunned as I am by this, and many of us have already posted comments elsewhere, last week. We'd first found out about this last Wednesday, the 8th. He was a true scholar and gentleman, always willing to learn new information, and always willing to share and help out.

I never met him in person, and I tried several times to get him to come over for the S.O.S. in Louisville. I was fortunate to communicate frequently with him via email & pm, and was lucky to trade with him for an extra helmet from his collection. Take a look at the comments on a different forum, where Karel was much more active in my humble opinion. I've already posted there, and so have most of the members here that are members there, from what I can see: https://www.pickelhaubes.com/bb/view...hp?f=1&t=14482

Best Wishes,

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by ww1czechlegion View Post

Yes, those of us who knew him from his fantastic contributions here and on other forums are greatly saddened and stunned as I am by this, and many of us have already posted comments elsewhere, last week. We'd first found out about this last Wednesday, the 8th. He was a true scholar and gentleman, always willing to learn new information, and always willing to share and help out.

I never met him in person, and I tried several times to get him to come over for the S.O.S. in Louisville. I was fortunate to communicate frequently with him via email & pm, and was lucky to trade with him for an extra helmet from his collection. Take a look at the comments on a different forum, where Karel was much more active in my humble opinion. I've already posted there, and so have most of the members here that are members there, from what I can see: https://www.pickelhaubes.com/bb/view...hp?f=1&t=14482

Best Wishes,

Alan
            That is heartening, thank you Alan.
            Karel freely shared here as well, so let's hope there are some on this forum who will take a moment to commemorate him here as well.
            Best,
            Sandro

Comment

Terrible news. Sad to hear his passing.
              Always enjoyed his postings and his thread where he presented his collection.
              A wonderful collection, always striving for the highest quality.
              Rest in peace Karel.

Jelle

Comment

Very nice news, shocking. He was always friendly and helpful to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jelle M. View Post
                  Terrible news. Sad to hear his passing.
                  Always enjoyed his postings and his thread where he presented his collection.
                  A wonderful collection, always striving for the highest quality.
                  Rest in peace Karel.

Jelle
                  I still go back on occasion to look at his collection. It’s simply amazing and you gotta wonder where it’ll end up. Such amazing items that are near impossible for most of us to ever own.

Comment

Very sad news indeed. Karel was a gentleman collector always willing to share. RIP Karel

Comment

sad to hear of passing from KAREL i have visite him one time and he where a great guy and give a helping hand for search rare pieces .
                      RIP .

Comment

Sorry to hear this sad news. I will certainly miss his contributions to the forum, I love looking at the photos of his incredible collection of rare imperial items. I have gained much knowledge from reading his posts here and on other forums. R.I.P. Karel.

Comment

Just saw this bad news. He will be missed greatly. My condolences to his family.
                          Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

A Big hole in the collecting community with his passing. RIP in the Highest.
                            Jerry

Comment

I one hundred percent agree a great loss to the Imperial collecting world . Rob
                              God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X