Shoulder Straps - Imperial ? German?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoulder Straps - Imperial ? German?

I have two shoulder straps that I am trying to identify. I had posted them earlier, but the thread was during the 'window' of lost posts, so here they are again. A member in a different WAF sub-forum thought them to be German. I need to figure out what they are before putting them on the estand, so I need your help.

Thanks for Your Comments!
    Mark

ss1o.jpg ss1r.jpg

ss2o.jpg ss2r.jpg

"You can check out any time you like ..... But you can never leave....."

They are both very nice m15 pattern field grey enlisted shoulder straps. The strap with black piping and cypher of King William I is for Leib-Kürassier-Regiment Grosser Kurfurst (Schlesisches) Nr. 1. The strap with red piping and #4 is for Kürassier-Regiment von Driessen (Westfalisches) Nr. 4, Very good find. MIke

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wilson View Post
      They are both very nice m15 pattern field grey enlisted shoulder straps. The strap with black piping and cypher of King William I is for Leib-Kürassier-Regiment Grosser Kurfurst (Schlesisches) Nr. 1. The strap with red piping and #4 is for Kürassier-Regiment von Driessen (Westfalisches) Nr. 4, Very good find. MIke
      Hi Alan,

Thanks for the reply and amazing details. I have never collected Imperial; I always focused on 3R, so the specific details you provided are 'Greek to Me'. Without getting into the "Duh, How Much is it Worth", are the straps something desirable, rare, common, etc.?

Thanks,
      Mark

Comment

Hi Mark, both are desirable. I would not consider them rare but they are certainly not common. Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wilson View Post
          Hi Mark, both are desirable. I would not consider them rare but they are certainly not common. Mike
          Thanks. That's what I needed to know. ????

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X