German 1916 camouflaged duckbill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German 1916 camouflaged duckbill

Well my original post disappeared. I wanted to share this one I just picked up. This is my first 1916 with the original liner and am pretty happy with it and only my second WWI camo. I am on a camo roll with this being the second camo in row that I have found. The last photo is the m42 I found a couple months ago. I hope you like the pictures.
    Jeremy

It does indeed appear to be a Bing manufactured (GBN 64) with an original liner, which is always a plus.
    Of course, according to the references this maker only produced M-16's, and only in one size. I have only seen M-16 versions of Bing stahlhelm, but it seems likely that depots would have converted some to M-17s in the reconditioning process, but perhaps not owing to the peculiar dome shape requiring a special size metal liner band. I have not seen one, though. I can't tell much about the camo finish from the pictures.

Bob

Comment

Bob, here are some outside photos of the camo.

Comment

Nice Helmet, you don't see that many 'duckbill' camos.

Comment

Thanks for the photos, hatleyj. Indeed it does look like a nice camo with aging and a "been there look".

Bob

Comment

Not the best photos , looks like he just put the thick lines on and forgot the camo paint! . A fine helmet though. Rob
            God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X