Help Deciphering Stamp on Feldmütze Camoflage Band

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Deciphering Stamp on Feldmütze Camoflage Band

I've had this webbing camouflage band for the Feldmütze for a number of years. Could anyone help deciphering the somewhat illegible Bekleidungsamt markings? Is this III Corps or perhaps III Royal Bavarian Corps? What does the 200 signify? Thanks in advance for any help.

Paul
    Attached Files

I read B. D. III 1917. I looked through my records and it says that the Bavarian III Armeekorps used a B.D. Bekleidungsdepot stamp instead of the B.A. stamp normally used. Maybe someone else can confirm this or expand on it. No idea what the 200 means.

Hans

Comment

I was told years ago by another collector that the numbers on the BD III stamps were manufacturers codes , apparantly used only by that Corps. In my collection are two similar bands marked "BD III 1917" with the numbers 200 and 201. I believe I've seen other bands with 202 and 203. In addition, I have an M-1909 ammo pouch stamped "BD III 1917" with number 220. Also, I think I've seen it on other clothing articles, as well as a bread bag.

Bob

Comment

Thank you, Robert and Hans. So apparently I was on the right track with Bavarian III Corps. Bavarians always seemed to have a different way of doing things. Interesting about the manufacturer codes...Kind of like the forerunner of RBN's.

Paul

Comment

Paul, yes it is interesting that it could be a maker marking system for an AK in WW1, although I cannot find a mention of this anywhere in Krause, either the German or English versions of his references on the German Army in WW1.

I did, however, find another M-1909 Patronentasche, an early brass mounted type, with the markings "BD III, 1915", and in an adjacent box the number "154", presumably the maker I.D. I mention this because they were doing this beginning almost in the first year of the war and continuing probably right through to the end.

Bob

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X