Small but interesting buckle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small but interesting buckle

A buddy picked up this small 35mm buckle at the SOS. I am guessing this is a private purchase item. Does anyone know if a regular size buckle exists?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hi Kirby,

Missed you at the show this year. He showed me the buckle after he acquired it, and it's pretty cool. I don't know if a larger version exists or not.

It might be for a kinder uniform. Or possibly cadet school?

Best Regards,

Alan

Comment

Hi Allan
      First time I have seen one like this. It would be great if there is large size. I hated missing the show but I got a knee replaced a few months ago and didn't think I could handle that much walking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

The symbol and logo is that of the Prussian Garde regiments. Weitze once had a plate buckle with this medaillon on it, stating it was the buckle of a certain Garde regiment. But in connection with a children sized Buckle box it is very unusual to say the least.

Comment

I have alway considered these as private purchase items that were probably used on a trouser belt. I have Heer and Reicheer in the smaller size and I don’t know why a child would wear one. Thanks for the info on Weitz buckle. I found another small one on the Collectors Guild. Different construction and much less detail on the roundel. I like this one a lot more than the other example.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X