M15 Bluse Shoulder Strap Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M15 Bluse Shoulder Strap Question

Here is one picture of my M15 Bluse and I'm wondering how I might deal with the lack of shoulder straps. Is there anyway to add some original straps without sewing into the bluse?
    Attached Files

M15 straps/boards usually sewn on not into the tunic. By the way - nice looking tunic please more pics

Comment

Originally posted by bolle2 View Post
      M15 straps/boards usually sewn on not into the tunic. By the way - nice looking tunic please more pics
      Where are they usually sewn onto?

Comment

Here two Pictures with sewn on boards

Comment

Should I just leave this tunic without shoulder boards Im starting a display and would like for it to be complete

Comment

M15 boards are not hard to get...

Are there stamps or regimental markings in the liner ?

Comment

Originally posted by bolle2 View Post
              M15 boards are not hard to get...

Are there stamps or regimental markings in the liner ?
              They may not be hard to get, but when I get them I dont want to sew them on this tunic. It is a Hessian tunic, depot marked with its brass belt hooks, and a slight repair to the inside collar
              Attached Files

Comment

aaahh... did I point you to that one on FB? :-)

there is no wrong way to sew these on... any good wife could do it in 5m ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Boonzaier View Post
                  aaahh... did I point you to that one on FB? :-)

there is no wrong way to sew these on... any good wife could do it in 5m ;-)
                  Yep, that's me! After chatting with the seller, I just couldn't let it go for the price.

And I dont trust a soul to touch this tunic unless they've had experience sewing these on. Know of anyone who does that kind of work?

Comment

All you need to do is tack the outer edge corners of the straps on the shoulder seams. So simple a........

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
                      All you need to do is tack the outer edge corners of the straps on the shoulder seams. So simple a........
                      I've never messed with original militaria, the idea seems like a sin to me. If I do this, it will be with the thinnest needle and thinnest thread available

Comment

I don’t see an issue with tacking an original set of straps on for display. It would look nice with a set of straps.

Comment

Originally posted by Forssmann View Post
                          Yep, that's me! After chatting with the seller, I just couldn't let it go for the price.

And I dont trust a soul to touch this tunic unless they've had experience sewing these on. Know of anyone who does that kind of work?

Realistically you see lots of fotos with the boards off, then on, then off.... probably every soldier at one time sewed a set of boards on after having to take them off when the unit headed for the station or deplaced... so there is no wrong or right when it comes to sewing styles... and a needle and thread damage nothing... as long as noone tries to pass it off as "oriiginal to the piece... no harm done. or you could hold out for some slip on boards....

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Boonzaier View Post
                            Realistically you see lots of fotos with the boards off, then on, then off.... probably every soldier at one time sewed a set of boards on after having to take them off when the unit headed for the station or deplaced... so there is no wrong or right when it comes to sewing styles... and a needle and thread damage nothing... as long as noone tries to pass it off as "oriiginal to the piece... no harm done. or you could hold out for some slip on boards....
                            That's good to know. Now to search for shoulder boards

Comment

Since your tunic came from the 18th Armycorps make sure whatever straps you put on are from a unit which was in this Armycorps.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X