Regimental Stein-2nd LEIB-HUSAR Regt.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regimental Stein-2nd LEIB-HUSAR Regt.

I acquired this stein from a friend who purchased it from the widow of the U.S. officer who brought it back from the war. When I saw it I recognized it as a pretty rare Prussian stein to a unit with a spectacular reputation.

It is a crockery type stein named to Reservist Volz who served in "4. Esk. 2. Leib Hus. Regt Koeniga Victoria d. Pruesen No.2 Danzig=Langfuhr 1907-1910" It stands an impressive 14 inches tall. The Hussar finial retains its lance and is in good solid condition. The very ornate stein body is perfect. The only slight deficiency is a slightly ill-fitting lid. As can be seen in the photo of the finial a WWI Prussian has been mounted below the stallion. I have chosen to leave it in place.

The roster contains approximately 36 names, including Volz in two columbs. Between them is a small skull insignia.

Those with an interest in Imperial German Resevist steins know that the vast majority originate from Bavarian units. To find a Prussian area stein is most unusual. To find a Death's Head Leib-Hussar stein is rare. Hope you enjoy, Thanks for looking. Bob
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bobgee526; 01-20-2020, 07:23 PM. Reason: photos

Great stein. Congratulations. I am happy to have an Imperial regimental stein to 9. Komp. 4. Garde Regiment zu Fuss. Berlin, 1906.08. Mine also has an ill-fitting lid, which is not uncommon.

Comment

Another pic
      Attached Files

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Very cool stein! This is the only one I've seen, so definitely a rarity. I have a promotion patent signed by Wilhem II and etched saber for this unit and they are among my favorite items in my collection. Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Comment

Would like to see decent photos . Rob
            God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

A beautiful find! Congrats!
              Kirby

Comment

Nice pick up.
                If the lid is not too loose you can 'fix' it by using Museum Wax placed
                between the pewter strap and the handle.
                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                X