General...

Hello,

Any clue who this could be?

Thank you,
    Lohengrin
    Attached Files

Looks like Helmuth von Moltke

Comment

Possible, as von Moltke has both orders that are on display in the picture posted by Lohengrin (Preußischer Kronenorden and Mecklenburgischer Greiffenorden, both Komtur).

What may argue against the identification is that even in 1902, when he was a Generalleutnant and commander of the 1. Gardedivision, von Moltke's awards list included much more significant orders (for example, RAO2 mit der Krone and the HoH Komtur), which I would have expected him to wear instead of the rather lowly and common KO2.

Lohengrin, is the pic dated? And can you make out the rank and cypher on the shoulder board (both obscured a bit by the arrows in the pic you posted)?
      Kind regards,
      Sandro

Comment

Here is a period post card with von Moltke. I don't suppose, that it could be the same guy. Look especially at the ears.

reagrds
        Tomasz
        Attached Files
        Last edited by tompress; 01-19-2020, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Thank you for your comments... I attach detail view of his shoulders...

There is nothing on the back, apart from a developer stamp from Wiesbaden.
          Attached Files

Comment

Ok, no date makes it very hard, as the awards are pretty common and on a closer view it is not that clear the SB's have a cypher.
            Kind regards,
            Sandro

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X