Zeppelin Badge??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zeppelin Badge??

I have a person interested in liquidating their collection.
    It happens.
    He has WW2 stuff that I would be interested in but with him, it's all or nothing, so I have to look at buying his WW1 badges also.
    I know nothing about them.
    Perhaps someone might look at these as I put them up and tell me if they are any good or not??
    Thank you,
    Tim
    Attached Files

I'm not digging this one.

Comment

Bad, IMO.

Gary B
      ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

I don't know much about the airship badges. The detail looks good but hardware is TR period at best and the L12 marking is just wrong. That's enough red flags for me to not like this example.

Regards
        Mike
        Regards
        Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Luftschiffer badges , what a minefield !
          The market is now so muddied with copies now one really knows what’s what. There are obvious copies but there are also maybe’s . Given the quantity out there I reckon one in a thousand maybe’s could have a chance. Detail on this one looks good and as already said , hardware looks to be TR era. Just one of those things we will never really know for sure. I think the motto is , if in any doubt walk away. If this one is good and we will probably never be sure, then it’s certainly not period (1920’s) but later, how much later is speculative !
          Ferg

Comment

If (!) the punch would be real, this badge dates after 1941 and would be Juncker-made
            - but should have a slash in it.
            And the Juncker MM - maybe...
            So I´d rather let the badge pass.
            (Additionally: Latest when it comes to sell it for what reason ever, the discussion will start all over again: Questionable, whether one will get his investment back. Then!)
            Regards
            Hagrid

Comment

Thank you for all of the replies.
              I'll have to see how things develop with the owner.
              Tim

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X