Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hollow air gunner badge

Hello,

Does this badge have any chance to be good (30's)?

Greg.
    Attached Files

Maybe, mixed opinions though as this design/ front detail is from the same die as the Juncker crown marked / seriffed J badges that no one likes . Having said that , there is good evidence to support these badges as original , by original I mean pre 45 . The catch has the look of a 57-er badge . I think someone ( can’t remember who) posted a badge just like this but with normal wire catch a long time ago . It was claimed to be from his family so that would be pretty good provenance if correct . This type is also exhibited in the Carsten Baldes reference ,if that adds any weight .
    This badge is very similar to another AG that sports ten trailing wing feathers as opposed to the nine this one has . I like the opaque frosting this has ,stands a good chance but would like to have in hand to be sure either way .
    Ferg

Comment

Here is the said ten trailing feather example ,very similar to your example . This is a late war product in fine zinc .
      Ferg
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Ferg,

Thanks for your help.
        Construction, metal, frosting, everything reminds me of 30's or 40's construction.
        I have a WW1 submarine badge from the 30's, both are made the same method. Not enough, but that's why I share this AG here to learn.

Greg.
        Attached Files

Comment

Here is one with a round catch.
          Attached Files
          pseudo-expert

Comment

Hi Don,

Yours has different pin and catch, but the die seems very similar.

Greg.

Comment

No more opinion?

Greg.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
              X