Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Court mounted problem....

Hello All,

Attached is a picture of my latest purchase, a court mounted 1914 EKII.
    I was hoping someone who knows about these mountings could help me. On the reverse under the ribbon there is some rust on the top arm which I would like to attend to. On my other court mounted medals, the award is suspended from a metal hook making the medal easy to remove but on this one it seems to be sewn on as part of the mounting.
    Is it likely under the ribbon somewhere there is a hook or is it just the thread holding it on?
    I don`t want to start poking around behind the ribbon in case I screw it up completely but I would like to sort out the rust which is difficult at the moment because I can`t get to it very easily.
    If anyone can help or advise I would appreciate it
    Thank you in advance,

Best regards,
    Adrian.
    Last edited by Adrian; 03-09-2006, 05:51 AM.

It is most likely sewn in. Everything visible looks great, so I wouldn't pick at it.

Comment

Dear Adrian,

Just leave it there and tend to the reverse upper arm with a few Q-tips soaked in WD-40. But make sure you dry it off afterwards, in order not to soil the beautiful ribbon.

Cheers, Frank H.
      Cheers, Frank

Comment

Hi Adrian,
        I see what you mean about it being sewn down. With this court mount EK2 there is no hook set-up and you can't remove the medal so I would do as Frank says and very gently lift it as far as you can and attend to the rust. When you have finished, slide a piece of cardboard between the medal and ribbon mount to catch any drips of rust remover and leave it there for at least a couple of days until it has dried up a bit.

Cheers,
        Brett

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X