Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre WWI Stein for review

All,

Just picked this up in Mainz, Germany where this unit was from on the stein, but as I know these are reproduced and my knowledge is limited I just wanted to see what others think of it. I have more photos if needed. Thanks for your assistance.
    Attached Files

The braid above and below look far from hand painted. The scenery doesnt look hand painted. The whole scene is bordered by an extremely straight edge, common on fakes where the scene is transferred over

Comment

Does it say made in Japan on the bottom? More photos required , the handle the bottom the inside photo of the bottom of the interior etc, Rob
      God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

A repro sorry.

Comment

This style of repro (better made than other repros) were readily available in Germany in the '80s. All the US military PXs/BXs had them for sale.

Here is mine....been drinking from it for more than 30 years!
          Attached Files
          Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Yes even though they are not WW1 they display well and are a lot cheaper, and of course you can drink from them. Rob
            God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Sorry but a well known reproduction. The thumb lift style is a dead giveaway. It may even have a nude lady in the lithopone. This also has the incorrect finial for a Pioneer unit. Great for display however. This style of repro was produced for years.

There are better repros on the market now but they still lack the quality and hand painted details of originals.

Comment

All,

Thanks for the feedback. I thought it might have a chance since it was from the area I bought it so I grabbed it. No big loss since it didn't cost much so I at least have a repro example to compare. Worst case scenario is I now have to start drinking to use it.

Comment

They also hold water or juice rather well, so no worry.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                  X