X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boelcke Ring on Ebay

This ring was discussed a few months back:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ght=pilot+ring

consensus was that it was most likely fake. Now it's on ebay, with nearly 30 bidders. Will be interesting to see how much the final bid is an hour from now.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WW1-German-...AAAOSwdx5c9mAz

That particular seller has a lot of garbage for sale. Real rings are misshapen where they take on the shape of the finger and have thinner sections at the back. Rob
    God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

I see idiots bidding on fakes all the time, especially from this guy in Germany who has the same 'rare' badges on offer week after week. Pathetic.

Comment

See- this is the thing, if it’s a repro fantasy etc- fine. They’ve always been there and always will be, probably serving purposes from museum copies to reenactor props. But when you cross that line, KNOWINGLY selling a fake (post comments) again AS an original, that’s just s***tty. IMHO that’s what the bazaar and flea market tables are for on waf- cause we all have those pieces anyway. Why not sell it as a repro? Someone will want it, for all the reasons mentioned above.... I think sellers such as this jerk should be BANNED from this forum for intentionally trying to defraud the community of collectors when they do s**t like this. Of course, there’s some nervous mervises out there amongst us who are afraid they’d be in that book, and I’m about 99% certain that just about every big name dealer would need a ghost rep here because they’d be banned too. I won’t be in this hobby forever, but I love history. People. Clean it the f**k up before it disappears completely. Stop being so g**d**ed greedy and get over your damn selves.

Comment

This ring was sold as a Reproduction ! on local gun show in Pennsylvania
          I’m not responsible for any future destination of this item

Comment

Originally posted by chahler View Post
            This ring was sold as a Reproduction ! on local gun show in Pennsylvania
            I’m not responsible for any future destination of this item
            For the record, I didnt mention you at the beginning of this thread because I dont think you are the Ebay seller. I figured the ring had already changed hands.

Comment

It is a good known pattern.... The one shown is poor quality all around, wrong material, junk..
              Glad the 1st topic still up so others can see what they don't look like!.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X