Curious 1870 EK2 w/Oaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curious 1870 EK2 w/Oaks

Can anyone tell me when this cross might have been produced? It appears to be made in the 1900's to me - possibly 1920's-1930's. In fact, the frame looks similar to TR era frames complete with a hint of frosted beading. Could this be a TR era replacement or museum display piece?
    Attached Files

Nice Jubilee cross by AWS with matching oaks. These were produced with silver frames as well as with silvered alloy ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Miro O View Post
      Nice Jubilee cross by AWS with matching oaks. These were produced with silver frames as well as with silvered alloy ones.
      Any idea when it was made?

Comment

Originally posted by Miro O View Post
        I agree

Well I think it is hard to estimate when it was done, however for an 1870 AWS a realistic guess would be +/- 15 years from the year 1900.

However due the Oakleaves (introduced 1895) are are attached already at purchase like that my personal guess is 1895-1900 made EK2. The frame details are too crisp to be post World War 1 in my opinion.

Comment

That’s a great cross in beautiful condition!

Comment

Originally posted by ddbinks View Post
            Any idea when it was made?
            All I can say for sure, that this piece is offered in AWS catalog from 1908 and already at that moment the price list shows the price for a cross with solid silver frame (RM 8.25) as well as for alloy frame (RM 5).

Comment

Thanks for your responses! I guess it was produced a little earlier than I thought!

Best,

Eric

Comment

I have its' twin, and always thought it dated to circa 1900.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X